IASOdopa is a diagnostic reagent for the positron emission tomography (PET) and is administered prior to such an examination.
The radioactive agent of IASOdopa (for displaying the dopamine metabolism) is recorded by the PET and displayed as an image.
PET with IASOdopa is indicated for the detection of the function loss of dopamine neurons in the striatum. It can be used to diagnose Parkinson’s disease and to differentiate between an essential tremor and the Parkinson syndrome.
Amongst other procedures, IASOdopa is indicated for imaging PET procedures within the framework of oncological diagnostics for examining the function and diseases, aiming at displaying an increased intracellular transport as well as the decarboxylation of the amino acid dihydroxyphenylalanine in specific organs and tissues.
The following indicators were in particular documented:
- Diagnosis and localisation of insulinomas in the case of hyperinsulinism in babies and children
- Diagnosis and localisation of glomus tumours in patients with a gene mutation succinate dehydrogenase D Variant
- Localisation of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas with negative [123I]-MIBG scintigraphy
Determination of the tumour stage
- Pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas
Detection in cases of serious grounds for recurrences
- Primary brain tumours
- Pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas with negative [123I]-MIBG scintigraphy
- Medullary thyroid cancer with increased calcitonin serum concentration
- Well differentiated carcinomas of the digestive tract
- Further endocrine carcinomas of the digestive tract with negative somatostatin receptor scintigraphy
|Country||Product||Approval number||Date of reg.|
|France||IASOdopa||578 256-2 (15mL)||16.11.2006||SPC||PIL|
|France||IASOdopa||566 897-8 (25mL)||16.11.2006||SPC||PIL|
|Italy||Fluorodopa IASON||038449029 (15mL)||12.09.2013||SPC||PIL|
|Italy||Fluorodopa IASON||038449017 (25mL)||12.09.2013||SPC||PIL|